Sunday, May 31, 2009

Why I can't tell people about my blog

I can't tell people about this blog because I have spent years making fun of blogs. Saying how they are totally narcissistic, navel-gazing endeavours and very rarely of any interest. How they seem to be just sort a series of rough drafts of a book that the writer is working up the nerve to write and why would you want to read someone rough draft before they have edited out the boring stuff? Why indeed. So here I am using the word as a verb -- I am "blogging".

So why the change of heart? Well, to be honest there hasn't been a change of heart. I still think all those things. But I kind of like having this sort of on-line diary...except that it's possible that people I know may find it somehow....without my telling them. Maybe after I have had a chance to edit some of these posts, I'll feel comfortable sharing this blog address. Maybe.

Also, I like the implied challenge of trying to come up with a new daily post. Which I will of course fail at, but that's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment